In order to optimise our compliance with the requirements of customers, society, employees and other possible interested parties, EOSOL has an integrated management system, certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, and ISO 45001:2018 standards, the last exclusive to our Aerospace Engineering division.
This obliges us to work under the highest quality standards in order to provide our customers with a service based on quality and excellence.
In turn, our system ensures that the EOSOL Group’s activity is fully respectful of the environment and complies with local, regional, national and European regulations in the areas of Quality, Health and Safety at Work and the Environment.
The mentioned certifications are kept up to date and the entire system is continuously updated to adapt it to the changing reality of the group. This fact and the high degree of involvement of all departments in the use and maintenance of the system have earned the congratulations of the external auditors of TÜV Rheinland in our last external follow-up audit.
According to our management system, the company has to identify and control all environmental aspects it may generate during the performance of its activity, which includes the entire life cycle of our service. Obviously, the focus of our organisation’s activity on renewable energies must be complemented by excellence in our internal environmental performance.
The organisation’s environmental achievements in the last annual period have been:
- Reduction of fuel consumption and associated emissions through a Mobility Plan. Preparation of the mobility diagnosis and its development. 100% completed and with first results: participation in the Urban Mobility Challenge has resulted in 1420 km of sustainable travel, reducing CO2 emissions by 350 kgs and NOx emissions by approximately 300 kgs.
- Contracting with 100% low energy MIX suppliers.
- Updating of the Carbon Footprint calculation method, including scopes I, II and III.
- Implementation of a green purchasing programme.
- Reduction of 29% in paper consumption.
As a result of the assessment of environmental aspects carried out, EOSOL has made the following environmental commitments for the year 2022:
- Reduction of the organisation’s carbon footprint. Two targets are set for 2022, both aligned with SDG 13 “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”.
- Reduction of carbon footprint scope I and II, by carrying out a diagnosis of energy efficiency and the establishment of an efficient driving protocol and its dissemination among all persons using company vehicles.
- Scope III carbon footprint reduction, by deploying the mobility plan and carbon footprint offsetting through CHG-MERIDIAN’s carbonZER0 programme, as well as by deploying our Mobility Plan 100%.
If protecting the environment is a priority for EOSOL, ensuring the health and safety of the people who work in the organisation is no less important.
Preventive achievements during 2021 were as follows:
- Updating of occupational risk assessment and action planning throughout the organisation.
- Progress in the implementation of the Equality Plan in the organisation.
- Exploitation of the psychosocial risk diagnosis carried out.
- Obviously, the Coronavirus pandemic has been the most relevant aspect in terms of ORP to which we have had to adapt throughout the year. We have maintained the necessary protocols and the organisation has been provided with the appropriate means of protection.
- In turn, during the last three-year period, we kept the accident rates (incidence, frequency, severity and average duration) at zero in two of the three firms and the levels are well below the sector average in all of them.
- The level of air quality has improved since the last measurement.
Our business cannot be considered high-risk, but if we are pursuing an excellent situation, we have to define targets for improvement. For 2022 we have set ourselves the following preventive targets:
- Increasing the indicator of preventive training, including training on psychosocial risks.
- Improving health indicators through the “Eosol cares you” programme.
- Maintaining low levels of absenteeism.
- Increased worker participation in preventive matters.
We expect to be in a situation of improvement at all levels in order to ensure the satisfaction of all our customers, partners and stakeholders.