In order to optimise our compliance with the requirements of customers, society, employees and other potential stakeholders, EOSOL has an integrated management system, certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 9100:2018 (exclusive to Aerospace Engineering).
This obliges us to work to the highest quality standards to offer our customers a service based on quality and excellence.
Our system guarantees that the EOSOL Group’s activity is fully respectful of the environment and complies with local regulations, autonomous, national and European in the field of Quality, Safety and Occupational Health and Environment.
In order to optimize our compliance with the demands of customers, society, workers and the rest of possible interested parties, we continue to work under the highest quality standards in order to provide our customers with a service based on quality and excellence.
These certifications are up to date. A complete upgrade of the entire system has been carried out during 2020. This fact and the high degree of involvement of all departments have been praised by the external auditors of TÜV Rheinland in our latest external follow-up audit.
According to our management system, the company must identify and control all the environmental aspects that it may generate during the development of its activity. This fact includes the entire life cycle of our service. Obviously, the orientation of our organisation’s activity towards renewable energies must be complemented with excellence in our internal environmental performance.
The organisation’s environmental achievements in the last annual period have been:
- Reduction in electricity consumption. The energy consumed in 2020, per employee, is below 50% of the average of the previous three years.
- Contracting with low energy MIX suppliers at 100%.
- Implementation of a green purchasing programme.
- 46% reduction in paper consumption.
As a result of the evaluation of the environmental aspects, EOSOL has established the following environmental commitments for the year 2021:
- The reduction of CO2 emissions derived from fuel consumption, providing good driving practices.
- The evolution of “green purchasing” until optimum results are achieved.
- Carrying out a diagnosis of energy efficiency, consolidating the guidelines for reducing consumption and thus reducing our “carbon footprint”.
If environmental protection is a priority for EOSOL, the health and safety of people working in the organisation is no minor objective.
The achievements in 2020 are:
- Certification with ISO 45001:2018, which replaces the old OHSAS 1800, which we already had.
- Awareness of 100% of the workforce about “in itinere” accidents.
- Awareness of 100% of the workforce on the risks associated with office work.
- Start of the implementation of the Equality Plan in the organisation.
- Carrying out a psychosocial risk diagnosis.
- Obviously, the Coronavirus pandemic has been the most relevant aspect in terms of ORP. To this end, the necessary protocols have been drawn up and the organisation has been provided with the appropriate means of protection.
- In turn, during the last three years, we have maintained the accident rates (incidence, frequency, severity and average duration) at zero, and the level of air quality has improved since the last measurement was taken.
Our business cannot be considered high-risk, but if we want to be in an excellent situation, we have to define targets for improvement. We have set the following preventive targets for 2021:
- Increase of the preventive training indicator.
- Improve health indicators.
- Maintain low levels of absenteeism.
- Increase the participation of workers in preventive matters.
We hope to achieve a situation of improvement at all levels to guarantee the satisfaction of all our clients, collaborators and stakeholders.
You can view all our certifications here.