We start the year and continue to meet the demands of clients, society, employees, and other stakeholders. EOSOL has an integrated management system certified with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9100:2018, and the latter exclusively for our Aerospace Engineering division.
This obliges us to work under the highest quality standards in order to provide our clients with a service based on quality and excellence.
Furthermore, our system ensures that the activities of the EOSOL Group are fully respectful of the environment and comply with local, regional, national, and European regulations regarding Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environment.
These mentioned certifications are up to date, and the entire system is continuously updated to adapt to the changing reality of the group. This fact, along with the high level of involvement from all departments in the use and maintenance of the system, has once again earned praise from external auditors from TÜV Rheinland in our latest external follow-up audit.
According to our management system, the company must identify and control all environmental aspects that may arise during its activities, including the entire life cycle of our service. Naturally, our organization’s focus on renewable energies must be complemented by excellence in our internal environmental behavior.
The organization’s environmental achievements during the past year are as follows:
- Commitment to reducing fuel consumption. The headquarters located in Mutilva has installed photovoltaic self-consumption, generating an annual energy production of 120.02 MWh and avoiding the emission of 52.06 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.
- Contracting with low energy mix commercial suppliers, reaching 100%.
- Updating the calculation method for Carbon Footprint, including Scopes I, II, and III, to track our progress and align with the goal of reducing our carbon footprint.
- Continuing our green purchasing program.
- 30% reduction in paper consumption.
Based on the evaluation of environmental aspects, EOSOL has established the following environmental commitments for the year 2023:
- Reduction of the organization’s carbon footprint. Two goals aligned with SDG 13 “Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts” are proposed for 2023.
- Reduction of carbon footprint in Scope I and II through an energy efficiency diagnosis and the establishment of a protocol for efficient driving, along with its dissemination among all individuals using company vehicles.
- Reduction of carbon footprint in Scope III through the “carbonZER0” program by CHG-MERIDIAN.
If environmental protection is a priority for EOSOL, ensuring the safety and health of the people working in the organization is not a minor objective.
The preventive achievements obtained over the past two years, particularly in 2022, are as follows:
- EOSOL has implemented a safety policy called #EOSOLSAFETYFIRST.
- Update of the occupational risk assessment for all positions and business units, along with action planning throughout the organization.
- Progress in implementing the Equality Plan within the organization.
- Utilization of the psychosocial risk diagnosis.
- The Coronavirus pandemic has been a significant aspect in terms of occupational health and safety, and over the past two years, including 2022, EOSOL adapted and maintained the necessary protocols for the adequate protection of all employees.
- Furthermore, during the last three-year period, the accident rates (incidence, frequency, severity, and average duration) remained well below the industry average.
While our activity may not be considered high-risk, striving for an excellent situation requires defining improvement objectives. For 2023, we have set the following preventive goals:
- Increase the indicator of preventive training, especially in positions with specific risks such as electrical hazards or fall risks.
- Improve health indicators through the “EOSOL Cares” program.
- Maintain low levels of absenteeism. Increase employee participation in preventive matters.
- Improve safety communication through “Safety Pills” for all employees.
We hope to achieve improvements at all levels to ensure the satisfaction of all our clients, collaborators, and stakeholders.